Creating a Compelling College Application (Zoom)
Understand how to use the summer productively to create a compelling college application. Admissions officers place great emphasis on a student’s character and how the student has been able to give back and help others.
This workshop will cover:
* College application process including current admissions trends
* Writing the personal statement essay and supplemental essays
* Teacher recommendations and how you can position yourself to increase chances for admission
* Advantages and disadvantages of early decision, early action and regular decision and what factors to consider in deciding whether or not to submit standardized test scores (SAT or ACT) for test-optional colleges and universities.
* The importance of community service and how it can provide an opportunity for personal growth that showcases a student’s character.
Zoom Link Registration: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYkceytrDIqHNQmFPls9DruYZ3tjOU_o2oD
This program is online only.